Former Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, member Club de Madrid and World Academy of Art and Science, founder of Shared societies and values Sarajevo foundation
- Born in 1955 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Graduated High school in Detroit, Michigan and from 1988 to 1989 was on Fulbright professorial research and teaching position at University Arizona. Since 1989 holds Ph.D. in field of computer science and electrical engineering. Professor at School of Economics and School of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo University.
- Served in the Government of Bosnia and Herzegovina as the Prime Minister and Acting Prime Minister, two times as Deputy Prime Minister and two times as Minister of Foreign Affairs in various periods between 1992 and 2015.
- President of the Social Democratic Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina (SDP) from 1997 until 2014 and member of Presidency of PES (Party of European Socialists) since 2010. Elected as a Member of Parliament of Bosnia and Herzegovina six times from 1996 to 2010.
- Member of Club de Madrid, an association of more than 90 former Heads of State and Government since 2005. Member of the World Academy of Arts and Sciences since 2006 and a President of the Governing Board of Bosniak Institute since 2005.
- Member of numerous International Missions and Commissions in different parts of the World.
- Founder and Director of the Center for Management and Information Technology in Sarajevo since 1995, and Head of the Business IT Department at the Sarajevo School of Economics since 1994. Teaching and research university areas are Decision Support Systems; Competitiveness and Information Technologies; Managing transition and Leading change in which he has numerous books and over hundred papers and publications on international scene.
- Speaks English. Married, three children.
Shared societies and values
A communities become ever more inter-twined and intercultural. More than ninety percent of the…
Research, support and promotion of Shared societies and values concept. Research and…
Identification and promotion of values that are contributing to greater social inclusion of…
“EU strategy for Bosnia and Herzegovina from the perspective of shared societies and values”